So this article has me thinking, and almost up in arms.
Eating out IS a luxury, it isn't "almost a luxury." I think that our country is one of the few places in the world that thinks of eating out as a convenience, or even a necessity.
And, what on EARTH are these families buying that they spend $900 a month to feed four? Granted, BeeBoo doesn't eat much, but her foods (non-hormone produced eggs, milk and cheese; juice; crackers) are among the most expensive things we buy...we wouldn't buy juice if it weren't for her. We budget $250 a month for food. Double that (which would feed four adults and two babies), and it's $500...I just don't get it.
While it is unsettling that the prices of EVERYTHING are going up, if we would change our habits it would certainly help things!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yeah, I really wonder what people are eating that costs that much. Food is pretty expensive here, but I haven't been noticing the increase that much since I usually just buy sale items. We spend around $250 a month for four people, but that would be more if WIC didn't buy our milk, juice, and eggs. We also haven't bought meat for a while and that certainly helps our food costs. For us eating out is most certainly a luxury!
I never eat out, unless there's a visiting student we're trying to woo. I always bring my lunch and watch other people spend $5-7 per day on lunch! That really must add up.
Post a Comment