Monday, November 26, 2007

I HATE Freud

That's basically the post.

I have to do a presentation on an article tomorrow that I think is total bunk. Why is it that despite Freud's having been discredited in the circle he worked in, literary critics feel the need to pay him homage by applying his analysis to literature?

Sometimes a dark room is just a scary dark room to make you think of witches. Entering it doesn't HAVE to represent sexual penetration of the female body!

Ok. Rant done.

4 comments:

rantipoler said...

Sometimes a cigar's just a cigar, says Freud (LOTS of eye rolling).

M said...

HA!

Vanessa Swenson said...

I wonder what would happen if students started revolting against Freud discussions in class? What'd the professors do? Don't they realize that the majority of their students think it's bunk? Oh, and gross, too?

M said...

Ooooo the potential. Let's all stage walkouts. It could be one of the policies/practices of "new Mormon feminism." (Ask AL)