Thursday, November 22, 2007

Grateful

So it almost doesn't feel like Thanksgiving because we spent the whole day driving. (I don't know that my right leg will be not asleep anytime soon)

But, I would be remiss in not recognizing at least some of my blessings.

First, I'm glad that I have a healthy, vivacious, verbal, incredible little baby girl to make me happy and call me Mamma. She makes life so much better...

Second, I'm glad to have friends that listen to me and give me good advice. Like advisers that help me through more than just a thesis and costume sewing, friends who help me through more than just Theory classes and new schools, a husband who helps me with more than housework.

Third, I'm amazed at having grown up in an environment that is safe but not spineless with women who made me stand up for myself because I saw them do it. It makes me happy. My home out in the middle of the woods let me run wild when I needed to, and build things, and get my hands dirty. Seeing people who are deprived of the safe but steady environment (who end up with problems with honesty or communication) or of the nature (who end up sick and restrained to the indoors) makes me really grateful that I had the opportunities that I did, really through no merit of my own.

Fourth, I'm really glad for women who came before me that made it possible for me to be a university student. My aunt sent me a quote from Susan B. Anthony...something about wishing she could be around for the next hundred years to see what women were doing. I don't know if all of what has happened would please her, but I like to think that a lot of it would. Sort of along those lines, I'm glad for funding that makes it free (and then some) for me to keep going. WAHOO for teaching! And for me being able to be in school still.

Fifth, my life has been really blessed through the Church...going on a mission, teaching little kids, meeting great women that I can form friendships with, meeting great men who do their best to raise their families.

Sixth, the ability to help other people. I like being able to do small thing that help people know that they're loved.

Thanks to all the people who gave me this life that I have. And Ben and BeeBoo for being with me in it. I really love this life.

No comments: