So this morning we slept in. I didn't hear BeeBoo until about 8:30, and I got to stay peacefully lounging until about 9.
Then we went to the farmer's market in town. I bought all colors of peppers, some eggplant, tomatoes, onions and fresh green beans. OH! And little tiny cucumbers that happen to be one of my favorite memories from a garden when I was little.
Then we went to the orchard that's about 12 miles from our house. They have all different kinds of apples. This trip I decided on Empire apples (which I had never previously heard of) and Winesaps (which are my all-time favorite apples...they're REALLY tart, I love them more than chocolate and warm socks in the winter). And we bought cider to take to put in the freezer until we can take it home for Thanksgiving. (Which wonderful meal at the Lovely house is just the best thing EVER --- AL aren't you excited?)
So, I'm happy. I love being able to have a day with no time-committed schedule. I do have things to do, but they can be done rather randomly. I'm also really glad to be back in the Midwest. Love the fall-ish trees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I enjoy reading your blog very much :). Mainly because it's unique and doesn't stay on one topic and doesn't seem to go blah... blah... blah... And the title is neat, it's what got me here in the first place :O. I'll link back to you,
Cheers ;)!
Post a Comment