I enjoy the intro to this
Hence BeeBoo not being named Allie or some such nonsense.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Space for me to clear my head where the ideas can be thrown away and there's no permanent damage.
El sitio que dejó vacante Homero,
el centro que ocupaba Scherezada
(o antes de la invención del lenguaje, el lugar
en que se congregaba la gente del tribu
para escuchar al fuego) ahora está ocupado por
la Gran Caja Idiota.
“Telenovela”
Rosario Castellanos
3 comments:
That would be why I now have a "professional" Gmail account that is not FoxyJ. There is a whole chapter in Freakanomics about baby names and income/class. It's fascinating.
Why on earth shouldn't potential employers refer to you as foxy?? ;-)
But seriously. I've always thought that names are way more important than we give them credit for. I'll look up the chapter. I'm still working on one of the Sunstone articles you posted a bit ago, about women and competition. Fascinating, as most of your recommendations seem to be.
That's hilarious! I love the conference symposium meeting etc. sign. Worst baby name I know: Laurick Davindy. It's a girl. I know her parents. I hope they never read this.
Post a Comment