Wednesday, June 27, 2012

No more babies

My babies aren't babies any more. That combined with the frustration I mentioned a couple of posts ago has me about ready to have some sort of emotional breakdown. Maybe that's an exaggeration. I do miss having a tiny one to snuggle. Those things in mind though I have two J stories that warmed my heart.

First, the other day we were at my dad and stepmom's house for Sunday dinner. I got to hold my new little nephew (he really is darling). Bee came over to see him and pat his head and tickle his toes, so of course J followed. I was nervous because he can be rough sometimes...not intentionally, just because he doesn't know how strong he is. He very softly patted the baby's head and then said "Momma, weeoo dust tate it?". As in, will you just take it. Like home. I had to explain that the baby was NOT ours and would have to go home with his momma. J was disappointed.

Second, today when I was snuggling him in for naps he rubbed my shoulder for a minute and then said "dat's bedder, momma? I just wuv eeoo.". I don't know how he could tell I was having a day of it but I almot cried that he wanted to make me feel better.

I'm so glad that he's a sweet boy. And I'm so glad that he came to our little family where we won't feel a need to teach him that that sweet sensitivity is somehow equivalent to weakness or girliness and something he needs to remove from his personality.

3 comments:

Hannah and Curtis said...

Love that little boy! And you! Jackson lays on top of Cade and rubs his head and says, "don't cwy cader don't cwy" I love those little sweet boy moments. I also promptly have to move his chunky 30 pound body before he squishes Cade. Most likely that is why he is crying in the first place... Ah well at least he is trying to be sweet ;)

rantipoler said...

Love it!

Vanessa Swenson said...

I need to meet this wonderful J.