Friday, June 22, 2012

Done!

I think it's funny that I repeatedly post "done!" without ever really being it.

But another term has come and gone.  Graded the finals in less than 5 hours.  Once the university system opens rosters I'll be able to enter final grades (yeah, I've never been so on top of grading as to BEAT THE REGISTRAR TO READINESS!) and truly be done.

We're celebrating with the Fenwick festival tomorrow....we've been living on dreams of roast corn and funnel cakes for weeks now.  Or at least I have.

Ideally in the six remaining weeks of summer I'll finish two dissertation chapters.  I'd love if I did more than that, but I'm trying to keep my expectations reasonable.

So much for being done, I guess....at least I got to be done with SOMETHING, even if it was only for a few hours.

2 comments:

Hannah and Curtis said...

I totally forgot about the Fenwick festival until I read this! Please promise me you will help the kids win a goldfish so you guys can make bets on how long it will live! I bet it's dead as we speak! Oh how I loved winning goldfish even though they never seemed to last more than a week! Love you!

rantipoler said...

Hooray for being done . . . with anything! I love that feeling.