Friday, June 29, 2012

More revisions....

Or, the "I'm never going to finish so I'm just giving up now" post. I just got revisions back on a chapter just prior to sending off a second. These were to be minor just-pre-final things to wrap up. My advisor had already been through this chapter once and I made the big changes and sent it to her for final-approval things, which this feedback ought to have been. Except it's not. These suggestions are huge and consuming and will precipitate changes in the draft I thought I was ready to send off. Which means more revisions and then sending the two away together and never seeing them again (well, or for six months, but you know). I'm feeling frustrated and incapable and stupid. I think I need to sleep and work on it tomorrow. Hopefully things will look better in the morning, but somehow I doubt it.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I hope it did seem better.

rantipoler said...

NO! Don't give up on yourself! Everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) has these moments. I often get the feeling that my advisor's being lenient just because it's in everyone's best interest that I graduate come December. Or he's taking pity on me . . .