I love Maria de Zayas. Reading her novelas amorosas doesn't exactly make me happy (lots of them are about women whose husbands beat them or leave them or worse), but her premise does. At least some of the women get away. And that makes me happy.
One of the guys in the class said that Zayas bores him. Sad, sad day. Even if you don't like Zayas, I don't see how she's more boring than any other Golden Age literature...
Hooray for women who write...and women's space. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I hope you don't mind me imposing myself upon this blog. I was reading something on AL's and wound my way here. Still, we were roommates for a while and would be better friends if we didn't both graduate and move, I think.
That said, in my experience as an Undergrad, those who say everything by a particular author is "boring" usually didn't read it or are parroting someone else's ideas. Even authors I dislike have better works than others. Besides, I agree with you..how could she be boring of all things??
I absolutely LOVE Zayas! I just reread Traición, and I can't help but like Fenisa. It really bothers me that people vilify her.
I don't mind your imposing yourself on my blog. Hooray for keeping track of someone else! I'd like to be able to read yours, though...
hm, you don't happen to have video of the girl fight from last year's Traición outreach scene, do you? 'cause that might draw him away from the "boring" descriptor...
Post a Comment