Saturday, December 15, 2007

I'm so glad to be home

It's so strange. Sometimes I feel like this home-loving behaviour is overly young for my age. But then I realize a couple of things.

1) I haven't had ready access to home in over eight years. So why on earth should I NOT take advantage of being so close?

2) My house in the valley is pretty much the coolest place ever. Now that we've gotten that 6-8 inches they promised in the forecast, we'll be taking BeeBoo to go sled, hike in the snow, see Gran and drink hot chocolate or cider at her house after we get all cold, stuff like that.

3) My family of aunts, uncles, cousins, and a couple of really crazy sisters just make me happy. They all made me who I am, and I'm glad of it.

4) I don't think that the "you can't go home" mentality is valid. I mean, we continually grow and change, and home changes when we're not there. But that doesn't mean that we have to be traumatized about change (even traumatic ones like my parents getting divorced and moving away, thus leaving the house occupied by people only marginally related to me even though Mom still owns it...long story....). Just go with it, learn from it, make it part of the file you can access to help other people be happy.

5) I can't think of 5. So there'll just be 4.

I love home. And I'm so glad that in conjunction with the trip is a vacation. I've needed one for a while now. Maybe that's one of the other positive associations that makes me loves home.

No comments: