.....did that happen because I had kids?
Here we go.
I've often pondered on how it is that I managed to have a daughter who is SO different from me in so many ways, and yet so like me in others. The things that are different amaze me because I don't know where they came from (why she loves pink, why she hates to sleep, why she's a tv addict when I could survive on a movie a month....etc). The thinks that are like me cause trouble (she's just as stubborn as I am, loves to talk as much as I do but uses her words to be mean and rebellious, and insists on having the last word...gee I don't know where THAT came from).
I love her a ton, though. She's taught me more about myself than I could have learned in any other medium, and I'm more proud of her than I am of ANY research I've ever done/produced. I tell her every night that she's my best girl, to which she of course responds "Yeah, I am."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
She's pretty dang cute! I can't wait to see her! Tell her that I made a countdown chain :-)
Do you think all children that come to us now are programmed to like TV? I wish that was true so I could feel better about giving in to her insistence that she "watch! watch!" Is it just me, or is it really hard to NOT feel like a bad mom these days?
Yeah, kids and family seem to make everything else seem fairly insignificant when looking at the bigger picture!
Post a Comment