So I'm at my favorite conference in the whole wide world of academia. The people here are really phenomenal,the papers are interesting (for the most part), and going to see the plays is always fun...it's amazing how many different spins performing groups can put onto a Golden Age play.
It's been a really good break from reality...and I only had to miss one class to be here. I'm really glad that Ben was willing to be alone with Bee for the weekend. I definitely couldn't have convinced myself to come otherwise. And when I have to go back, I'll be all the more rested and ahead of the game (provided I can stop posting on my blog and go do the reading I've planned for right now!)
So mostly I'm grateful that I get to hang out with people that I love, take a break from every-day keeping my house alive, and do something academic that I enjoy. In large part because I have a husband who's willing to take over while I'm gone. Hooray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't even begin to express to you how jealous I am. Someone please let me know when they are taking applicants for next year. :(
Ben is a keeper for sure! Don't ever take his willingness forgranted a lot of men aren't like that. He's a good one.
Em, I'm SO glad we were there together and that Ivy came, too. I'm also SO glad we have the same taste in plays, otherwise we'd be like . . . someone we know. Anyways, it was a blast and we'll have to do it again in 2 years. Next year I'll be taking my exams during Spring Break (not to mention during the six days that follow it as well). Love you!
P.S. Thanks, Ben, for letting me borrow your wife for a few days! :)
Post a Comment