In exotic Iowa. :-) I've been really glad to get to spend some time with my mom and stepdad. They make the stay so stress-less, it's really nice. I enjoy the structured, "let's all go somewhere together" outings that happen in other segments of my acquired family, but they can be stressful at times. With Mom, we just come and hang out, and sort of do whatever seems like a good idea at the time...even if that means take a nap! So this week has been totally different for me from the normal grind. I almost feel like I'll be able to finish out the end of the semester.
Mom bought us some awesome blue, yellow, green and daisy patterned seer-sucker to make a summer dress for Bee. All of those colors are in one fabric....not one of each. :-) I even managed to find a pattern that requires only elastic....no buttons, no zippers. I mean, I can do those things, but I figure why go to the hassle if I don't have to, especially for something she'll wear for all of two months?!?! The elastic is way easier...and it makes a cute gathered neckline. I'll have to post a picture when I'm done.
AND we managed to get to the temple together...which we haven't done in I don't know how long. It's so hard to make arrangements for a little one...if we leave her, it amounts to about 9 hours someone has to be willing to watch her, and if we take her and switch there with another couple, it amounts to about 12 hours we have to have free. Neither of which are terribly manageable situations. (Ideas, anyone with little ones and a temple not in town?) So we met Mom in Nauvoo on the way in to Iowa, stayed the night Friday, and did a session early Saturday while she and Bee went on a horse wagon ride. It was phenomenal. Especially since Ben and I got married there, and it's the first time we've gotten to go back together. Baby was really active the whole session...I think he liked it! :-)
That's about it...life as usual. I'm down to 6 weeks. ACK! So six weeks to finish up three papers and one presentation, plus get everything ready for a little one, provided he decides to stay put that long (I'm having my doubts...but that's another post).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jared wishes he could have been at Chamizal with you guys! Good luck with these last few weeks! baby will be here before you know it!
Hooray for new dresses and going to the temple! Sometimes the small things make a big difference. :)
Post a Comment