I may not know garbage about the economic situation that we're in (aside from the fact that once you start talking in terms of trillions, I'm pretty completely lost in the abstraction) or agree with what some of our leaders are doing with money.
BUT. I sure as goodness love the vision/perspective/perception that our President has for America's place in the world. I watched his 60 minutes interview from a few days ago with Ben last night. I was impressed by the fact that, for once, one of our leaders seems to realize that when we play the part of the bully, it makes lots of people REALLY mad at us, which is just a bad situation all around.
It's a nice change.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Regarding the economic crisis: I don't think anyone else knows garbage about it either (at least I haven't heard anyone adequately and clearly explain it, and I certainly know that I don't understand it). Hence my biggest concern: we're trying to solve a problem that, in the first place, we don't understand. If we fix it by spending lots of money, it will be pure luck. Are we spending enough money or to much? Are we spending it in the right places? Is spending the right answer or should we be regulating banks in some way (or some other procedural change in our economy)or simply teaching people the law of the farm? I do wish that I had confidence that someone knew what the problem was before they spent a lot of money trying to fix it.
One thing I'm certain of: attitude affects everything. Just like President Obama's vision for the country or our relations with foreign countries or anything else in our personal lives. Our attitudes can make it a little better or a little worse.
Thanks for a thought provoking comment.
I think that money sucks. How is that for an intelligent comment? You were always the smart one... still are. Can't wait to see you!
Post a Comment