Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Health care in this country

For $125 a MONTH to insure my HEALTHY (as in hasn't been to the doctor since last April) almost three-year-old, it DARN WELL ought to be free for the pediatrician to tell me that she has a cold and not bronchitis.

GRRRRRRRRRRR

4 comments:

Jared Blanco said...

I can relate--we've been paying out of network COBRA for Emily since we moved. It's a pretty penny with unsatisfying coverage.

I hope that Bee is feeling better!

Christy said...

AFter we hung up yesterday I thought about MY gripe that I should have shared with you. I was at work and needed to make a call to Waste Management about an invoice we had received. As I was working my way through the tedious automatic call response system I was thinking about why in the world it takes this company two 8 1/2 X 11 pages to bill us for two trash pick ups in one month? I was already bugged about the irresponsible use of resources, but it gets better! When I finally got put on hold I spent the next 24 minutes listening to a recording about all the things they are doing to protect the environment. And maybe they are, but it's pretty hard to really buy into that considering they can't figure out a way to get their bills on a half sheet!

Ron said...

From my experience working on the employer side of this subject, it costs between $10k and $15k per year to provide health insurance to a single family, depending on the level of coverage. I don't know what the ultimate answer is to this problem, but everyone should have access to health care and some people simply can't afford it. And, by the way, I don't think that simply "turning it over to the government" will solve the problem becuase the costs will likely go even higher.

Hannah and Curtis said...

Don't even get me started on health insurance! I could say some really mean things but I don't want to offend anyone. Anyway, it's just ridiculous!