So, I haven't posted in what seems like forever. More than a week, anyway.
I went to the AHCT conference in El Paso. It's one of my favorite events...if I can help it, I'm going to make it a yearly thing. Several papers were very interesting, most of them were at least mostly interesting. :-)
Even better than the papers, we got to watch four plays...which was really fun. The company from Spain that did "El alcalde de Zalamea" was really good. Those of you that don't do Spanish Golden Age theater...there's a rape scene in the play. From the beginning of it, just because of staging and things, I thought they were going to do it on stage. They didn't (turns out they only didn't because the theater operators censored them), and I was REALLY glad. I thought their staging was the best of the week. And I LOVED their costumes (I'm kind of a costume snob...)
The best part, though, was that I got to hang out with a lot of my very favorite people in the WHOLE WORLD (like AL and my thesis advisor and her husband)! Now that they're all scattered, I feel like I don't ever see them. So that, I think, was probably the best thing over all.
Basically they only drawback was that I had to leave my BeeBoo. Some people that had been at the first conference I went to asked where she was...I mentioned that even though she slept through most of that conference, she's almost 2 now. They understood why I opted to leave her with her Daddy. When they dropped me off at the airport, BeeBoo back in her car seat took her thumb out of her mouth, said "Bye Momma, love you!" So I said "Love you, I'll miss you!" She said, "miss you!" I almost died. But I was okay.
All in all, it was a really good trip. Oh, and I learned that when I get a day that all I have to do is sit on an airplane, without worrying about a little one, I can do a week's worth of reading in less than a day. Interesting....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
it woulda been so fun to be there with you guys. sigh...
and those plane rides with beeboo were very exciting. she's so cute.
i'm so glad you guys didn't have to see that scene. yay for censorship? what an odd thing to type.
You're one of my very favorite people, too. And I'm SO glad your grant came through. I turned in my paperwork today (I had to get it signed AGAIN by the dept. head), so hopefully mine will come soon too!
Post a Comment