Monday, March 17, 2008

Travel support, and other mad rantings

I got a travel grant!! YAY! That means that the department will defray the cost of my plane ticket from that conference two weeks ago. Granted, I still paid the hotel, food, and registration costs.... *sigh* It was worth it, though.

We got into the co-op housing place that we looked at. Which means that not only will we have a split-level townhouse, and a washer and dryer in the kitchen, but we'll save about $150 a month. Also a good thing.

On a not so good note, my transfer credits from BYU haven't come through yet. BLEARGH Makes life pretty hard to plan, in terms of classes in the fall, how long it will take me to finish my coursework here, if I can have a baby in May or need to plan for the next fall....yuck.

Also on the less-than stellar, they're not offering any classes that seem interesting to me. Oh well. Life goes on.

All told, once this week is over I'll be in pretty good shape. :-)

No comments: