Just realized that my choices for the House race in my district are Boehner and this guy. Talk about NOT being excited to vote.
I especially loved the "defense of dead baby pictures" statement from the wife of the guy he's endorsing.....maybe your kid is so blindly believing that she'll accept "people who hate Jesus hurt babies" as an answer; my six-year-old is much more inquisitive than that.
And those "big words" .....I'm a practicing Mormon, devout in my belief in God, but I still wouldn't insult my child's right to building a framework for understanding her world by saying that God magically puts a baby in mom's tummy. She knows that we're made up of tiny pieces that we can't see called cells, and that they have stuff in them called DNA and that it takes DNA from two people to make a new baby person.
I imagine that my undertaking to explain God as a grand architect rather than as some imaginary magical fairy-being will help her maintain an adult faith while living in a disbelieving world.
But maybe that's just me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What?! God's not a imaginary magical fairy-being??!! Aw, man. Now what do I have to cling to?
I don't know... I just can't fathom people.
Paul Broun's the congressman for my district. He's an ignorant dolt running unopposed. I wrote in Charles Darwin's name.
Post a Comment