Monday, October 29, 2012

To all the people who ask me...

....when I'm having another baby:

I'm doing everything I can.  In fact, until I changed it this morning out of sheer frustration, my passphrase for my IU account had been like salt in a wound because it required me to, nearly every day (and more than once sometimes) for over two years type in "Em wants three kids".  Even though I don't have them.

People see fit to judge me based on my fertility and their assumptions that I'm somehow putting off having more children because of my academic ambitions.

To those people: go take it up with God.  He's the one who isn't sending me any babies.  And until you get an answer from Him, leave me the hell alone.

4 comments:

rantipoler said...

Friend, I TOTALLY understand your frustration. My mom said people used to say snide things to her like, "I can't believe you're putting off having children until your husband is done with law school. Don't you know the prophet counseled us blah, blah, blah . . ." And I went through it to in the Spanish ward, where it seemed like the other women were having a baby per year and asking me why we weren't doing the same. No one wants to hear the honest answer to that kind of question (my ovaries like to produce cysts instead of eggs - happy now?), they just want to making ridiculous and unfounded assumptions about the people around them. As my dad likes to say, "Illegitimi non carborundum" (don't let the bastards grind you down).

gilliay said...

AMEN! I'd love to have another baby. But God just isn't sending us one yet. So for now we are just loving our two precious girls and giving people "the look" if they ask.

M said...

I've been saying things like "Apparently Heavenly Father thinks I can't handle another one". It usually shuts people up pretty quickly.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Maybe you should just tell people that you now have a 37 month gestation period and be all serious about it. Ask them to talk to you again later on. Also, tell them it's a communicable condition, so they should probably stay away, just in case.