Friday, May 11, 2012

Excited!

HA!  I just bought my iPad.

Let me preface this by saying that despite Ben's techie-ness, we've not bought any portable devices (laptops, smartphones, iPads, etc) since before Bee was born.  That was a laptop Ben needed for the business school at BYU.

Needless to say, we've been lagging behind the trend of having the next latest-and-greatest gadgets.

I submitted a proposal for integrating technology in my classes - that proposal allowed me to participate in a workshop where we talked a lot about what technology is out there, how some people integrate it into university class settings, and what the implications are for balancing traditional education with new technology trends.  And they showed us A LOT of Real Cool Stuff (tm).  Completing the workshop qualified me for a (very small) grant.

Which allowed me to buy my very own iPad.

I'm excited!

2 comments:

Hannah and Curtis said...

Jealous!

rantipoler said...

Me too! I'm jealous, too! Next time we get together (which should be soon!) you'll have to catch me up on all the awesome tech stuff you learned about.