Miss Bee is as talkative as ever these days. She's gotten more skilled in her debating abilities, though. The other day we had an exchange that went something like this:
Me: Sorry, babe, I forgot. I'm not perfect.
Bee: Why not?
Me: Well, nobody's perfect. Except Jesus, I guess.
Bee: God's perfect.
Me: True, good point!
Bee: HA!
She's also sounding out four- and five-syllable words on her own these days. I was really impressed when she did "sophisticated," because of the "ph". Apparently they've covered that at some point in school. Or maybe she's just good at it on her own. Who knows.
Baby J is also talking more and more. He says things like "Want sam chotit pips on mine's Woody Buzz pup" (Want some chocolate chips in my Woody Buzz cup) and "I want put mine's biddy up on mine's bed!" (I want to put my blankie up on my bed!).
He has also started negotiating.....or maybe practicing advanced avoidance, I'm not sure which. Last night the interaction went something like this:
J: Watch it Winnie da Pooh
Me: No, we're not going to watch Winnie the Pooh right now.
J: Why?
Me: Because it's almost time to go to bed.
J: I want Bada!
(Bada is my Dad, who happened to be visiting for dinner last night)
He loves his new half-bunk from Ikea, and the tent attachment for it (Ben's brilliant idea!) is probably the best thing that has ever happened to him. His favorite thing to do these days is to climb up the wrong side of the stair bannisters until his feet are about five feet up, then dropping down onto the carpet. He LOVES to climb and to jump, and is frighteningly good at it. He can also get a chair from the table, push it to the cabinet, climb up on it and then the counter, open up the cabinet, and get out crackers. All by himself! Love it.
They continually impress me with their creativity, they work together to build block cities and train table tracks (though that requires some help from me sometimes). They also manage to be really self-contained. They play with their toys alone, without the constant "Mom, play with me," "Mom, I need....... ," and "I'm BORED!" that I hear from a lot of kids their age. And Bee gets to play out at the valley when she's with Gran. I'm so glad that she gets to be attached to that place, even if not in quite the same way I was.
All in all, we're having a pretty good life at the moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love this. And I find the use of a double possessive (mine's) absolutely adorable! Man, I can't believe your kids are getting so big. :)
Those bunk tents are awesome! I wish I had one on my bed.
Post a Comment