Monday, August 1, 2011

Today's Guest Writer - Ben

How Spanish Golden Age Comdia Written By Women Rocks Your World

Once upon a time, in a land that predates computers, everyone wound congregate in town squares and they all looked int the same direction at an empty platform. This phenomenon occurred for hours at a time, but left the people empty and unfulfilled as they stared at nothing. Then one day someone lost a bet and had to stand on the platform while everyone was looking. This too was unfulfilling to the populace until he decided to dance a merry jig. This brought happiness to the townsfolk. The next day he decided to read a book to the group. This did not go over well.

This lead to other people trying to fill those hours of looking toward the stage. Then someone had an idea to script out what they would do on the platform. And thus the Comedia was born. First the men wrote because they were the ones in charge of everything. Then some women started writing, too. And everyone knows that women do things better than men.

They were insightful and often reflected social issues of the day. This structure can help us understand our society today. And that’s why they rock your world.

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

Haha. Nicely done.

rantipoler said...

LOL! I was SO hoping this would happen, and I'm SO happy it did. The only downside is that now that I know the real story, I'm going to have to rewrite my dissertation . . .

M said...

At least you have something to rewrite. I'm considering turning this in as my progress... :-)

Photo Girl said...

Funny and entertaining. And I read the whole thing, just as I said I would. Yea, Ben! Excellent research, I'm sure. ;)