Friday, August 19, 2011

Ah HA! That's IT!

I found this article and it interested me:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/english/doc/2005-03/04/content_421834.htm

I'm wondering what the parallels may be between this situation and that of LDS women? My first reaction is that there are striking similarities, especially with this quote:
"A man tends to look for a wife who is less capable than himself. In this sense, the only men who would feel free to marry a woman PhD would be those with PhDs or even higher qualifications themselves."

Personally, I'm grateful to have found and married a man with almost a "Look how cool she is, and she chose ME!" attitude.

Thoughts on the situation, anyone??

Sorry the post is so short, but I have to have four courses set up for Monday (so of course I'm going to wash the cars, the dog, and all the laundry....and blog...instead of doing my work!) and I can only slack so far before I'm completely time-crunched.

1 comment:

rantipoler said...

Ah, yes. This is one of the (many) arguments my parents made against JC. Interestingly enough, JC pushed me to get a PhD when I didn't really want to. I think husbands like ours that don't feel intimidated/ emasculated/ belittled/ etc. by being married to a PhD are probably few and far between. Hopefully someday the rest of the members of their gender will wake up and realize that it's awesome to be married to someone driven and intelligent.