Friday, December 3, 2010

Tecumseh

I've been running like a crazy person, long runs like I'd never run before. I've been absolutely excited and overjoyed at the prospect of running my first marathon, especially one on a trail. I love the environment of trail running, I've always been better at it than at road running.

In looking at the results from the last few years, I learned something....men usually outnumber women by about 3-to-1 at this race. I started to get a little intimidated.

And now,on the eve of the event, I have to admit that I'm more than just a little skeptical/afraid: the weather forecast is calling for a high of freezing, 6 mph winds, and snow. From 7 am til 7 pm. Effectively the whole race.

And yet, I'm going to do it. Attempt it, at very least. I've never, ever, EVER had a "did not finish" result. I hope that tomorrow won't change that.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

If you have to crawl across the finish, you will finish. You have too much tenacity not to.