Saturday, November 20, 2010

604 miles

Out of curiosity, as well as a desire to NOT work on my proposal, I just added up how many miles I will have run from the time I started training until the day I finish the marathon.

I'll have run all but 16 miles of the distance from my old house to my Aunt Ann's house, where we used to go to visit every summer. It was a looooooooong drive with four little kids, but we loved seeing her, her husband and girls SO much. I miss them a lot, and I think I'll always associate the ocean with memories of them and their house.

So maybe the weekend after the marathon I'll have to do a 16 miler, just to finish it out and remember and be glad.

2 comments:

ALTA said...

oh wait a few weeks :) you'll need some recovery time! Well actually maybe you wont because you're awesome, but I did... lol

rantipoler said...

This is why you will live to be 90 and I will die young of a heart attack. :P