It's the bane of my existence. I have to come and sit in my office for an hour each week...an hour which, of course, has no relationship to the other blocks of time that I'm on campus...and wait for students to come drop in for help.
Which they don't. Ever.
Biggest. Waste. Of. My. Life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Bring a book? Or a laptop? I have office hours that are pretty much the same thing, but I try to read during them. In fact, I can plan to get some good reading done, particularly because I never get anybody to come.
I had a similar experience with tutoring. I had six hours set up each week and I usually only worked for three. I did get some reading done, though.
I think the thing that bugs me is that it means finding a sitter, and almost 45 minutes of driving time on each side. The time in the office is fine, since I do work. But the surrounding complications are annoying.
Post a Comment