So maybe it's not my job to entertain you, it's my job to teach you Spanish, and that means that some days we will do actual work in class on concepts that are difficult. I am NOT a comedian, a reality TV star, or a video game. Sorry about your luck.
GAH!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Perhaps it's a compliment! After all, didn't one of the apostles say he doesn't like people to say "great talk!" after conference because then it wasn't tough enough (terribly paraphrased, of course)?
It may be getting to that point where you need to do something new (like not teach stupid undergrads). I get more annoyed with things when I'm emotionally done with them, but I can't be physically done with them yet.
Kim - maybe, but I think it's just mostly stupid freshman attitude.
Brina - excellent point. You're probably right.
Hmmm . . . maybe when they say that your should whine back, "My students are so immature!" Although I suppose that response would be as immature as expecting to be entertained rather than taught in a college classroom.
Post a Comment