I've decided. For sure, shelled out my $65, decided. I'm going to run a marathon (barring injury and disaster) on December 4th. I must be out of my mind.
But having a race on the horizon will make it easier for me to keep running regularly and with purpose. I'm excited about this! Scared too, but mostly excited.
Hmmm....this combination of feelings is a lot like what I felt coming into graduate school, but without all of the feelings of unconquerable inadequacy. With this I at least know that I can run myself into shape for it. I don't know that any amount of thinking myself into shape will make me feel like I actually know what I'm doing as an academic!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You're amazing. Maybe someday I'll find something I'm good at, and then I'll be cool like you. :)
Post a Comment