Yesterday was my turn to host book group. I made fun food that I never get an excuse to (cheesecake, featherlight muffins, chocolate crinkle cookies, fresh fruit with honey, cucumber sandwiches on rye bread...yummmmm.....) and got my house in shape. It was GREAT fun.
As I was at the farmers' market in search of cucumbers, I saw a lady selling bouquets of flowers. They had bright yellow black-eyed Susans, dark purple butterfly bush blossoms, and queen Anne's lace. I asked her for two bunches, and she responded with a sort of surprised look on her face, "They don't last very long!" And I said that I didn't mind, that they reminded me of home. Because they did.
I love wildflowers, and the untidy, unkempt bunches they make. Reminds me a little of my life - chaotic and mismatched, hodgepodged together, full of stray bugs from the field, but still pretty nice. And an overall beautiful thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I really like this post. Lots.
Post a Comment