Sunday, August 29, 2010

Marathon?

So, running has been good to me and good for me all my life. I really enjoy it, and I've loved getting back into it! I'm so glad that Cara gave me the excuse...tagging along for this half marathon is probably the only thing that could have made me actually start training again.

And, in true craziness fashion, I've started to consider doing a marathon. I think a road marathon would kill me right now, because people go so fast. My whole life I liked running in the woods better than on the road....I think because of growing up in the valley. So there's a marathon in December here in Bloomington that I'm thinking about doing.

It's called the Tecumseh Trail Marathon, and they have it in December. The race details look pretty gory, but pretty awesome...and trail running is my kind of running. I'm getting excited about it. I think that if I finish the half well, and have kept running through school starting (which will be the biggie) that I'm going to do it. Advice, any of you runner-type folks??

4 comments:

ALTA said...

OH Boy!! I'm jealous. I'd love to do a marathon again. You should totally do it. It's the best feeling in the world when you cross that line...no matter how long it takes you! Just be prepared for LOTS for runs to get ready for the race... :) We can chat sometime if you want... Love you!
Oh and I'll miss you this weekend. I was hoping you'd be able to come...Seth and I WILL come see you soon. He can take a day off sometime to make it a long weekend... let me know if there is a good weekend sometime soon!

rantipoler said...

I'm definitely not one of your runner types, but I still think you should do a marathon.

M said...

So I'm reading about eating. A 10-mile run at a 9-minute pace (I keep about a 9:30/10 min pace usually) burns 1,000 calories! Holy cow I need to eat better....

M said...

AL - I'm glad that you want to run with me, and are willing to share tips. I'll have to call and pick your brain. On a visit, we'd LOVE to see you, you're welcome pretty much any time. The only commitment I have in the next little while is the half marathon on the 18th...I'll go to Ohio late the 16th, and come back the evening of the 18th.

And A-L - I'm glad you think I can do it. I feel like a big sissy.