Friday, July 30, 2010

Running playlist

So. Sometimes when I run I take my iPod. Not always, because I like to keep pace without any help. But music adds another dimension to all the things that I wrote about in the last post.

Today I put it on shuffle (which I hardly ever do). Here's the playlist it built for my 4 mile run today.

Juanes "Un dia normal"
Dolly Parton "Wildflowers" from the Trio album (I listened to it twice)
Brad Paisley "The Cigar Song" (which is hilarious)
Beatles "I'm Lookin Through You"
Nickel Creek "This Side" (I liked their first album the best, but this is my favorite from the second album)
Linda Ronstadt "The Pain of Lovin You" (hugely ironic/fitting for this moment)
Nora Jones "Sunrise" (LOVE her voice...try to play her piano, fail miserably)
Vince Guaraldi "Linus and Lucy" (can't even comment on that one)
Ismael Serrano "Caperucita" (Thanks to AL for that one...still cry EVERY TIME I hear it)
Avril Lavigne "Anything But Ordinary" (odd that I sympathize with a teeny bopper pop star, no? Mostly for nostalgia and Brina's sake, but still something to it. :-) )


Anyway. It was a good list, and a really good run. And I'll save you the trouble of adding up the length of each song to see how long it took me to run the 4 miles (because I know you all have the time and interest to do so :-) and say that I ran it in a little less than 35 minutes. WAHOO!

2 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I love it when people share music lists. And I love that Linus and Lucy was in your list.

rantipoler said...

You're amazing. And I love that you have Caperucita on there. That song gets me every time, too.