I had beautiful, lush, full flower pots. My first attempt at potted plants, and they looked GREAT! I planted them in March, and they were still flowering because I was careful to "dead head" them often. They were snapdragons, oreja de raton, ivy, a cultivar version of forget-me-nots that is hardier, and a tall plant in the middle that I'm forgetting the name of.
Why all the past tense, you may wonder? Well, despite the fact that no matter which way he came into the house he walked by one pot or the other (since I placed one pot on each porch), Ben killed them while I was gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
This is very sad. I've managed to kill my own plants many times, but having them die while you're gone (leaving out the culprit, of course) is depressing.
Was Ben not there for the second week? Is that when he killed your plants? I feel your pain. My garden last year suffered for other people taking care of it while I was on vacation.
And there is no way in...well you know where...that you could FORCE me to drive over 2000 miles with ONE kid, let alone two. I think I'd rather prove I'm independent in other ways. :)
If it makes you feel any better, JC is constantly trying to overwater my plants. As much as I appreciate his "help" . . .
Post a Comment