Wednesday, July 28, 2010

6 miles

Well, actually, it was more like 5.8. Not near as impressive as 2374. But the 5.8 I RAN!

I'm training for a half marathon. My mother-in-law (who I think is really cool, by the way, different though we may be) is doing one, and invited me to tag along.

Finishing will be a stretch, and I haven't run like this in years. But it feels great to be running regularly again, and timing and training instead of just sort of ambling along when I get the whim. I love pretty much everything about distance running - being outside, the rhythm, the solitude, the thought processes, the mind games...

Hooray for running!

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hooray for running is right! I have a few friends that have done many half marathons and the first few times they had never run more than 8 miles before the day of the race (although they consistently ran 8 miles weeks before). They said you can just power through the last 5 at that point.

I don't know if that's a solid training strategy, but it does make it seem a little less overwhelming since the highest I ever ran in cross country was 9. Good luck and I can't wait for updates!

Photo Girl said...

Maybe if I had good knees...

but maybe not. :)

rantipoler said...

Sigh. You (and JC and Kim) make me really wish I liked running. I try, but I just can't get any joy out of it. Wish I could. :(