And I know this at least in part because I have numerous things to blog about, none of which will be particularly interesting to anyone else, but I find at least amusing, if not exciting.
The first is (I hope) an actually exciting thing. We blessed baby today. (I still can't think of a nickname for him here) Ben did a great job, I thought the blessing was beautiful. Both granddads and a friend stood in the circle. And baby J was good and happy for the whole thing! Gran made him a blessing outfit (if I ever get to a good internet connection I'll post a pic) that was darling. So now we have a boy and a girl version of blessing garb. Hooray!
The next is (I'm sure) not even mildly exciting to anyone but me (with my compulsion for order in my existence). This week while my kids were taking SIMULTANEOUS NAPS (can't begin to express my happiness about THAT one, and yes, I know my days are numbered) I managed to clean out both Ben's and my clothes closet, the linen closet, the kids' closet, and the downstairs coat closet. And yes, that is ALL of my closets! And I'm talking a serious, really go through and throw stuff out version of cleaning them out. My little house is as ordered as it can possibly be. And that makes my brain function a lot better than it might otherwise.
The last is (I would swear to it) hilarious. We were listening to "The Ballad of Davy Crockett" from a Disney excerpts CD. After it was over, Bee hollered out "I want Baby Pocket, mom!" It was definitely the highlight of the day.
So I'm thinking about how it's odd that mundane things can be so fulfilling. I mean, during the school year there's no way I'd be excited about clean closets. I really think that I'm adaptable to my circumstances...and it's a good thing, or I'd be going absolutely nuts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congrats.
Wahoo.
And BWAHAHAHAH
Um, I have one and I'm excited when he takes simultaneous naps. What? I mean, when he naps and I get stuff done. I can only imagine. And please, tell me where I can get my own Baby Pocket!?
P.S. The secret to the heat is this (at least at our house): 1. Spend as long outside in the early AM as possible (we usually walk to the mailbox and park and stay out until it's too hot to bear) and 2. Run all errands in the late afternoon. True, it's hot, but the stores are usually even cooler than my house. Good luck with the double duty!
Hooray for Baby Pocket - lol! This week I decided I just might like being a stay-at-home mom rather than working three different jobs to keep the family afloat. Yep, pretty sure.
Post a Comment