Monday, August 31, 2009

BREARGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

So, after arriving at the doctor's office where I waited half an hour to spend 3 minutes with the nurse, waited another half an hour to spend 5 minutes with the pediatrician, and then waited another 15 minutes to spend 2 minutes with the gal (whatever her title is) that jammed three needles into my baby, I ran to Ivy's house (who once again saved my life by taking the kids to the sitter's [thanks Chanel]), nursed James, changed clothes, buckled the kids up, drove (almost) under the speed limit to campus, parked in a miraculously available spot, and RAN to my class, arriving two minutes before it was scheduled to start.

Did I mention that all of that was preceded by getting up early to make dinner so all Ben would have to do is put it on the stove, packing up for the day out, showering me and Bee and bathing J, going to ballet for half an hour, having a picnic at the park, and planning the first In-Class Writing assignment for S250 that's due on Wednesday?

I now have large blisters on both feet. The only thing that I forgot to pack for our all-day, various-destinationed excursion, was stockings. At least students don't notice that, I guess.

It's not every day that I'll go from nursing a baby while wearing slob clothes to teaching a class looking pretty darn stellar (if I do say so myself) within a half hour span.

And thank goodness for that.

5 comments:

Hannah and Curtis said...

You are amazing!

Emily said...

wow! superwoman! You are taking ballet? that is awesome!

Ben said...

It seems that we always have insanely crazy first days of the school year. I think this might top locking the keys in the car at the grocery store, just because of the prolonged stress level of the day.

M said...

Ah, Em, I wish I were taking ballet. It's Bee that's doing it, not me. Just a 30 minute movement-type class.

And I don't know how, but I'd forgotten about locking the keys into the RUNNING car!! ;-)

Arrow said...

That is quite impressive! There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of "hands-on" mothers doing what you are doing. Keep it up!