I'm SO glad that I'm done with coursework. I just have to worry about teaching, and I finally got my schedule. I'm only going to have to leave my babies for an hour on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday! Thanks to some good colleagues/friends who are willing to switch with me, I'll be teaching in the evening. I'm so excited that their desire to not teach in the evening coincided with my desire to not leave my kids during the day! I won't see Ben a whole lot those days, but the kids will be with one of us. Not that I'm terribly worried about leaving them...one of my great friends in the ward here is going to take care of my little ones. I'm so GLAD! There's something about being able to get my escape without feeling like I'm deserting my family.
And Bee is going to start ballet classes! She has been rather obsessed with ballet ever since she read the copy of Angelina Ballerina that my great grandma (Mamaw) gave me when I was a little girl. We found a place for her to go that does sort of basic movement things. I'm hoping it will help her with her jumping, running...big motor things. She can cut with big scissors and take DVDs out of the case without scratching them, but she can't kick a ball!
While I have those goals, her highlight of the whole thing is her new dance wardrobe: a black leotard that (shocker to a lot of you, I'll bet) was mine when I was little. (Courtesy of my Aunt T, who had it since her girls used it for their dance classes (thanks T!).) And I also bought her a pink one...which, once she didn't have Legos to be interested in, became her new favorite thing. When I asked if she would take it off to put on her pjs for bed, she said "I don't think so Momma. I'll just wear it." We did finally reach an agreement, but it took some doing.
I'm so glad that she's stand-uppy enough to tell me what she wants!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
She is the cutest! And ballet... awww how sweet. That Angelina Ballerina can really do it to ya! I hope you will send me pictures! And that's great about your teaching schedule. Things always seem to work out for you guys, you must be doing something right :-)
PS You forgot to mention that Nick also shared the dance wardrobe HAHAHA!
So glad (and jealous!!) that you're done with coursework. I can't wait to see pictures of Bee in her ballet getup. :)
Post a Comment