So. Arising from a conversation with Ben during our 13+ hour drive to vacation....
Who is cooler, James Bond or Jason Bourne? You must justify your answer. (That's why it's not a sidebar poll)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Space for me to clear my head where the ideas can be thrown away and there's no permanent damage.
El sitio que dejó vacante Homero,
el centro que ocupaba Scherezada
(o antes de la invención del lenguaje, el lugar
en que se congregaba la gente del tribu
para escuchar al fuego) ahora está ocupado por
la Gran Caja Idiota.
“Telenovela”
Rosario Castellanos
8 comments:
This question's hard, because there were multiple James Bonds. I think the latest--what's his name--is the best (coolest?) because he's the most realistic. The other Bonds were too hokey, in the end, to be cool for me. Sometimes I would laugh right out loud at the chicanery.
James Bourne? I don't know if there's an innate coolness in his character. Can a character who's angst driven to find out why? be considered cool? Is the painful discovery of self with symbolic and metaphorical deaths surrounding you be considered cool?
I think last Bond is the cooler of the B vs. B pair. But I'm much more impressed with Bourne. Ergo, I like angst?
Matt Damon is hot.
I think Jason Bourne is cooler because he doesn't rely on anyone for gadgets and intel. He knows where to get what he needs and how to take care of himself.
Bond is cooler, although I'm with Vanessa that I like the newer one, so I'm leaving old Bonds out of this. He's cooler (as opposed to any other adjective) because he has cool toys. So I guess that means I contradict the last answer?
Ack! Okay, so I agree with Vanessa that it totally depends on the Bond. For me, the new Bond is the best in the history of Bond, but mostly because he's the only one that shows any sort of real complexity or depth. I know, I know, it's about coolness and not about shacking up with and then abandoning random women to things like death by gold paint. But I gotta admit, that seriously figures in for me. Okay, so Bond is smoother but I agree with Ben that Bourne's rough-and-tumble resourcefulness and independence is pretty dang awesome. So if it's traditional Bond vs. Bourne, I pick Bourne hands down, but if it's Daniel Craig's Bond vs Bourne, I think I gotta go with Bond. This is a seriously tough question.
Well, I'm going to have to say it depends on which James Bond you're talking about, but I'll have to disagree with the other Bonders. If it's the Sean Connery one--then I'm going to have to say James Bond. Why? Because you simply can't top Sean Connery. Matt Damon's got a few things going for him too, but he's no Sean Connery.
Em--what about Macgyver?
Ben hit it right on the nose. And Matt Damon is hot.
And Em - can I just say how excited I am to find this blog!?! YAY!!! I miss you tons! If you don't already have it, my blog is at thegilliamgang.blogspot.com .
Post a Comment