Monday, February 16, 2009

Stuff

My life is not terribly interesting, but for the sake of not forgetting about it, I'm going to post something.

So I'm going to Chamizal in something like two and a half weeks. WAHOO! I can't WAIT to see the plays, and visit with my friends who will also be in attendance. It'll be a really nice way to break up the semester. I managed to get one of my friends from here to come to the conference/theater festival as well, so I'm excited about that. This is always one of the highlights of my year...definitely the highlight of the professional/academic part of it. I mean, why put up with academia if you don't get to do fun stuff because of it?

Then the week after that we get to go see Mom in Iowa. Bee is most excited to see Maggie (the dog) and swing on the swing (that my awesome stepdad made for her). I hope it's warm enough. One of the things that we've done before is visit the Amish community that's (sort of) close to Mom's place. It's a fun visit, and Ben hasn't been able to go with us for the trips that we've gone...so it'll be new for him. Which is always fun.

Ben is job hunting and we're thinking about moving....we'll see how that goes. At least I now know that I can. I can do all my exam/dissertation stuff long-distance if need be.

And that's about it. Oh! I'm down to my last 10 weeks. WAHOO! Can't beat that...the end is in sight. I was looking at pictures of my new little niece. I'm really excited to have a teeny baby again. Bee has gotten to the point that she won't snuggle up or let me hold her unless she's really tired or hurt. Which is all fine and normal, she's supposed to be that way. But it makes me sort of sad. :-)

When I started typing this she said "You're typing on your sneaky blog?" Don't know why...but it made me crack up. So she'll probably say it again.

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

You sneaky typer, you.

rantipoler said...

HOORAY for Chamizal! I can't wait. I also can't wait for baby #2. :)

I love the idea of a sneaky blog! BeeBoo cracks me up.