Monday, November 3, 2008

Surprising?

I don't think that this should surprise anyone.

That's one reason why I won't have video games in my house. Ever.

I love that the researchers asked the Japanese children to rate themselves, and then relied on peer and teacher reports to evaluate the US kids...good methodology, that...kids lie. It's nuts!

I don't think that this one is a shocker either.

I love that the girl they quote who had her baby at 15 says she's sick of studies that blame everything but the parents...I'm sick of our culture that doesn't put any responsibility on the kids themselves!

2 comments:

rantipoler said...

It's like those parents that have no idea what their children are doing. When I was a teenager my parents always knew where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing. They were always super involved in my life, and it made a huge difference.

M said...

Even parents who think they know where their kids are can be totally in the dark, though. When kids choose to lie, I think that it's all on them. Maybe not all, because their neurological pathways aren't all the way together...but largely. Parents can't help when their teenagers lie to them. (Though they can be obsessive stalker parents like I plan to....I'm totally going to drop by places my kids say they are...just to make sure appropriate vehicles are indeed present)