Friday, November 21, 2008

BumGenius

So I have to put a plug in on my blog for the cloth diapers we've been using for the last 7 months. The only complaint I've ever heard from reviewers on them is "They only lasted a year!" Now, anyone that knows anything about elastic will tell you that if you're washing it every other day, you'll be lucky for it to last a year!

I have LOVED these diapers...so much that I just bought another dozen despite the fact that it's a $200 investment. (Again, if you think about that one...on average, we bought a $22 box of diapers for BeeBoo every three weeks....more often as a baby...that means that in a matter of 25 weeks [about 6 months] they've paid for themselves....or at least you've not lost any money on them compared to disposables) They work just like a disposable, you just have to wash them and put them together. They have a cover that looks like a disposable, with a pocket in the back that you put a thick diaper pad in. So you take them apart to wash, wash, put them together, and you're good to go! No pins, no separate cover.

And these ones have never leaked. Well, maybe there's an exception to that statement. We're not great about changing Bee on a schedule, mostly because of shuffling her around. Ben will think I've changed her before I gave her to him, or vice versa...so she ends up in a diaper for a long stretch sometimes. But if there is a leak issue, it's because we've let it go too long. We use them over night, and they work really well. Also, she hasn't had diaper rash like she used to get from disposables.

So, if you're thinking about cloth diapers, these are a great bang for your buck, they're relatively easy to deal with (I mean, you have to wash them, but that's cloth diapers!), and they're easy enough to change that Dad doesn't have an excuse. The website I order them from is cottonbabies.com. Oh, also, an afterthought...they have a one-year warranty!

2 comments:

FoxyJ said...

I've heard a lot of good things about these and considered using them when I thought about switching to cloth. But now we have to pay $2.25 a load to wash and dry clothes, so I'm willing to go with disposables. Costco brand fit Little Dude well and a box lasts us six weeks. If we're ever in a position to use cloth, I'll probably try this brand.

Ben said...

Yeah, if I had to pay for laundry, I wouldn't do cloth. Moving into the place we have now was one of the facilitators for being able to do it.