Yesterday was a great day. Oddly enough, it was my long day of the week...but it was still phenomenal.
Maybe the biggest reason was that I only felt sick for about 20 minutes the whole day. This is a huge improvement over the norm lately.
My students did really well on their first In-class writing assignment. I always worry about it. But they did okay. And their average fell within the department's expectations, so I didn't feel pressured to artificially inflate grades so that they would be happy.
And I LOVE my Renaissance Studies/Comp Lit class. I could go there every single day and feel pretty great about myself. We always have good discussions, and the prof is great. I managed to not make a fool of myself in class today, and actually contributed useful things to the conversation. Nice.
Then, Ben made dinner. Also wonderful. And BeeBoo ATE! Which is not the norm and is absolutely great.
Mostly I spent the day thinking about how great it is to be this person who gets to spend some time at school learning really great stuff (and getting paid for it), a lot of time at home teaching a two-year-old and thinking about how she'll react to the distant eventuality of a sibling, and a good portion of what's left over talking with Ben or watching funny/thought-provoking/sad/different movies just for the fun of it and the conversation that comes out of it. It feels like things are in an okay balance for now.
I feel really blessed because I get to do all of that....and because I get to indulge funny cravings like pomegranates and raspberries and farmer's cheese, all of which make me think of fall. I need to go to the orchard to buy some cider...
I'm glad that for the moment all of my contradictions that make me up seem to have made peace with each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmmmm . . . cider.
Post a Comment