Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Oh.....my......goodness

This is absolutely ridiculous.

Understanding that they're probably just pulling a stunt to bring attention to the issue, there are multiple reasons why PETA's suggestion couldn't be a viable business plan.

1) Who would eat ice cream made out of breastmilk? Weird Freudian implications there.
2) Breastmilk isn't structured like cow's milk. Mine, at least, I'm pretty sure would be too thin to make ice cream out of.
3) PETA apparently thinks we should neglect human babies so the cows don't suffer...hmmm....self-loathing much?
4) Even if every single lactating woman in the US would sacrifice the health of their child to supply Ben & Jerry's, I doubt production could meet demand. Our babies don't drink gallons of milk. Just ounces.

And viable business plan aside, it's just STUPID! Not to mention the degrading parallels they're drawing between women and cows...

2 comments:

Vanessa Swenson said...

I've wondered when they'd come out with this type of hairbrained idea.

rantipoler said...

Yucky, yucky, yucky!