...is basically my favorite thing. Ever.
This is so interesting. I love to read. And write. And study. And teach. Isn't it great that we can?!?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Space for me to clear my head where the ideas can be thrown away and there's no permanent damage.
El sitio que dejó vacante Homero,
el centro que ocupaba Scherezada
(o antes de la invención del lenguaje, el lugar
en que se congregaba la gente del tribu
para escuchar al fuego) ahora está ocupado por
la Gran Caja Idiota.
“Telenovela”
Rosario Castellanos
2 comments:
That was an interesting article. I'm glad that education for woman is getting more attention in Asia/Middle East and Africa. However, I wish more people would pay attention to and support education in Latin America. We're so concerned about illegal immigrants coming to our country and yet we don't stop and think about why they come. Part of it is because here their kids can go to school without having to pay for books, uniforms, or transportation. "Free", "public" education is a joke in Mexico, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Ecuador, etc. I wish more people realized that and paid more attention to it.
Good point...ever since my mission I've had a hard time deciding where to come down on the immigration problems our country has created for itself. It's hard to say that people shouldn't come when they're only doing the same thing my family did four generations ago. :-)
Post a Comment