Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This is why I could never be a Republican...

This guy is moronic.

Usually I try to do better than name calling, but in this case, the shoe fits.

I get that this mentality still exists.  There are TONS of old ideas that just won't die.  And he's not alone (well, in a sense he is).  I mean, LOTS of people have bad ideas.

But in this case people have elected this guy to public office.  And we all know what happens when the people choose to be led by corrupt officials.  And normalize violence against women.



Now, contrary to any indications in the title, this post does NOT imply any party affiliation.  But it IS a reasonable beginning of explaining why I won't let myself affiliate (though in perfect frankness, I lean left by Mormon standards....can't help it, all that liberal education I guess).  I simply refuse to be identified by/with people whose most outspoken representatives don't have a basic grasp of junior-high biology.  Or people who don't want me to own a gun if I'm not part of a militia.

Like in so many other areas of my life, I don't fit squarely anywhere.  Because where would the fun be in that??

I'll make my own decisions, thanks.

1 comment:

rantipoler said...

Seriously! Where did this guy come from? And why oh why was he not paying attention in Biology/Sex Ed/High school/LIFE?!