Wednesday, August 1, 2012

This is what you get when we stop teaching English/literature

"Seeing as how Dick – excuse me, Vice President Cheney – never misfires, then evidently he's quite convinced that what he had evidently read about me by the lamestream media, having been written, what I believe is a false narrative over the last four years, evidently Dick Cheney believed that stuff and that's a shame."

No guesses who's whining in this pitiful excuse for something like a sentence.

And I get it that it's not a prepared speech.

But seriously, try to divide this even on a subject/predicate level.  Not to mention the repeated problems with tense (well, I guess I mentioned them).

 I find it worrisome that audiences accept and even expect this type of speech as reasonable on a program that purports to provide insightful commentary.

5 comments:

Kimberly said...

Man, that hurts my head.

Vanessa Swenson said...

I didn't even understand it the first time thru. Also, she has a communications degree. Evidently.

M said...

HA!

This is why I love you two. I knew you'd agree with my linguistic frustrations.

I had to read it four times, and I still only get what she may have been TRYING to say, since what she said isn't a logical progression.

Vanessa Swenson said...

Sometimes her interviews are fun to watch for the first 30 seconds, but after that it becomes so infuriating that I get kinda nauseated.

What was the McCain campaign thinking?

Vanessa Swenson said...

But, to be fair, her accent is fun to analyze.