Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trudging

As I was running the last of my four miles today, I scared some deer up out of the meadow next to the trail.

They bounded off so effortlessly (or at least it looked effortless), their backs arching beautifully into the jump. They hardly made a sound when they landed, and they crossed as much distance in one leap as I did in 15 strides.

I thought to myself "Now THAT is running. I, on the other hand, am trudging."

And I felt like that's my life (lately mostly at church)....I watch other people spring off and on through their endeavors like it's the easiest thing, and finish it beautifully. I still finish, but not nearly so gracefully, naturally, or painlessly.

Ah well. Maybe trudging works for me.

3 comments:

Hannah and Curtis said...

Well... deer get shot and run into cars sooo probably good you aren't a deer. PS Some people are just really good at making it look like they are moving through life effortlessly and I would say that 99.9% of the time it just isn't true. I think everyone trudges in some (or in my case many) aspects of their lives.

M said...

HA! :-) I love you.

rantipoler said...

Deer are overrated. And delicious.