Wednesday, March 28, 2012

It's a record!

Yesterday more students came to my office hours in ONE DAY than I think have come in my whole university teaching career this far. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, because I'm pretty sure I've seen more than seven students in the last seven years.

But yesterday I had one student meet with me about a recommendation, two students come in for make-up oral exams, one student for a written exam, two students who were concerned about grades and wanted to go over exams, and one who just dropped by to whine that he's not going to graduate if he doesn't pass my class (to which I responded - well, have you done any of the homework? Yeah, didn't think so).

Honestly, I think that somehow the fates knew that for ONCE IN MY LIFE I was ditching out early because we had a Relief Society activity at my house.

*sigh*

1 comment:

rantipoler said...

Blech. The whiny ones are awful. I don't minding helping kids that genuinely need help, but the ones that want to pass without doing the work? Yuck.