We had a rough morning. J took his diaper off and pooped on the carpet in his room (who knew cleaner for pet accidents could do double duty?) while I was getting breakfast together. I always forget that, while Bee was FINE to be unattended at this age, J is NOT.
Then Mollie ran off....we had been playing in the front yard (hooray for SUN in Ohio, finally) with chalk and bubbles and the two oversize balls that Ben recently bought for the kids (one pink, one blue) and she was tied up to the tree. We were putting things away and going in for lunch, I thought J was on his way in with Bee. Just as I unhooked Mollie, J ran for the road. So of course, I ditched the dog and ran for the baby. Which meant that our usually restrained dog suddenly had freedom. She went nuts. So I retrieved her, but it took some running.
After all of this, Bee was saying the prayer to bless lunch and said "Please bless that J will be appropriate, and bless Mollie to not be so stupid." I almost laughed out loud. Both requests were greatly appreciated, but I have to admit I wondered where they came from.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
From the mouth of babes. Gotta love Bee. That's hilarious. Sorry about the crazy day.
I don't know how you didn't laugh right out loud, because I did. I'm glad everyone's safe and sound.
That sounds like a prayer that would come straight from Bee's mother's mouth! I love that she has your brutal honesty and spunk. Miss you.
I didn't realize that my honesty was brutal....
;-)
LOL!! So good!
Post a Comment