Friday, March 11, 2011

NEW HOUSE!

Finally. After all the bank-induced drama (they put the house on the market before they had a clear title, so we had to wait, and had no idea how long it would take), we're IN.

We've had a lot of fun settling things, though I have to say that moving the kitchen stuff around fifty times gets annoying....I just want it to be exactly the way that feels right! Which takes some tweaking. The kids are still getting used to having their own rooms. Mollie is doing GREAT about staying in "her" part of the house. We can even take the gate down for a few minutes. And I love, love, LOVE having a bathroom to ourselves (if you have ever lived with children, you understand this). And my kitchen, where I could get lost. And my upstairs laundry room....no more carrying laundry up and down the stairs (because, of course, I don't have anything better to do).

I feel a little bit guilty because of my American-ness...this house is really much bigger than we need to be satisfied...I always pictured a smaller house on more land, and here we are in a biggish house on a subdivision (here read: TINY) lot. Oh well. We're happy, and it's good.

So, here's the good stuff.




J's room, he's still getting used to sleeping alone, though he's doing GREAT. And yes, that is a piece of PVC pipe on his blankie. Other kids use a teddy bear, mine uses PVC pipe. Oh well.




Bee's room (you can't see the tulips that T brought for her dresser...they match the walls).



Laundry room....yes, it's sideways, but you get the idea and I'm too lazy to fix it right now. :-)



Our room. Ben picked the furniture, I like it a lot. It's not so blocky as to be totally masculine, but I don't think it's feminine at ALL. Good balance.



"Office." Right now it's just the 20+ boxes of books that need shelves. And I need a desk. But. We're buying things as we can afford them. Not before. It's hard to be patient, but sure makes life less of a crisis. :-)



Living room, as seen from the top of the stairs (yes, there is a vaulted ceiling. And yes, I'm afraid for J's life most of most days, since there's a half wall in the office that overlooks said vaulted space).



Dining room. And yes, my table (from Restoration Hardware, thanks for the tip AL!!) looks lonely with no chairs. Again, baby steps. We're going to look at some second-hand ones tonight (or maybe tomorrow).



KITCHEN! We bought the fridge of my dreams. Well, if you know me at all, you know that I don't dream about fridges or the like. But I do like it a whole lot. And J has two cabinets all to himself....he climbs into them and Bee shuts the door, which they both think is hilarious. And I didn't notice that Mollie was sitting there on the pillow until just now. She likes her spot.



Family room. Still pretty empty, but with the kids wanting to run around and Mollie chewing everything, it makes life easier. :-)

So, you can see we still need some things...curtains, touch up paint, chairs....but we're really happy here. I've never had nice things like this, and the living in poverty to save for this has been completely worth it. It's a huge blessing.

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

Yay! You're in! Congratulations!!

Vanessa Swenson said...

Wahoo!

And I love the paint jobs.

Hannah and Curtis said...

Finally pictures!!!!! I love it!! All of it!!! Well except for the part where the kids look all grown up! I miss them! And PVC pipe is better than a teddy bear any day :)

rantipoler said...

So, so, so, so great! We can't wait to visit and see it and person! :)

Jared Blanco said...

Washer, dryer, dishwasher--are you in heaven?

Photo Girl said...

Congratulations! Looks like a very nice place. I'm happy for you.

Esq T said...

So I finally got a chance to look at the pictures. I love it! I bet Bee loves her room. Speaking of houses...we got ours! :)

Arrow said...

It looks great!

Brasileira said...

Oh my goodness, you live in THAT! It's beautiful! Hooray!