Wednesday, March 16, 2011

50K?

And I'm not talking dollars.

I'm seriously considering doing a 50K at the end of April. I'm intimidated by a couple of things, though.

1) The longest I've run since December is 8 miles.
2) The most miles I've logged in a week since December is 20.
3) Only about 30 people run in this race. Which means that it will be noticeable if I don't finish.

Add to these things that I should probably be writing my dissertation and will go to a conference before the race, and I really shouldn't.

But I WANT to! And to prove it I ran five miles in under 45 minutes today. WAHOO!

I guess we'll see.

1 comment:

Jared Blanco said...

I could never in a thousand years even dream of running a 5k, let alone a 5K x 10. You are either insane or remarkably driven. This will, after it happens, be worthy of its own movie script. Chariots of Fire II?